New York City has begun reopening. We are planning a phased relaunch of our service, and will have more details in the coming days. If you haven’t already, let us know when you plan to resume commuting.
Until then, we wanted to share our commitment to health and safety with you when we relaunch. Many things won’t change: as always, your buses are impeccably clean, and you always have a reserved seat. However, we are taking more measures to make Hip the safest way to commute!
Our commitment to you
- Buses will be limited to 50% capacity until further notice, to ensure more space
- Increased level of cleaning and disinfection to meet or exceed CDC recommendations:
- Full cleaning & disinfection of the vehicles each night, with EPA-grade disinfectants, including electrostatic spraying
- Spot cleaning of seats, common areas, and touch points such as handles between each ride
- Buses will have hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, gloves and spare masks should you need them
- Drivers will wear face coverings throughout your ride
- Hip staff will wear face coverings and provide 6 feet distance whenever possible
Our ask of you, when you ride
- You have not been sick or experienced any symptoms in the past 72 hours
- You will wear a face covering while on the vehicle, as well as waiting to board when keeping 6 feet of distance is not possible
- You will sit as far away from other passengers as possible unless you are traveling with a companion