- How do I book a commute?
Download our free app (available on iPhone and Android), sign up for Hip, and book a ride in three easy steps:
Step 1: Go to "New Book", select either a one-way or roundtrip, choose where you're commuting from and to, and press "Set Pickup"
Step 2: Choose your morning pickup location and press "Set Pickup"
Step 3: Choose your morning drop off location and press "Set Drop Off"
Step 4: Choose your morning pickup time and press "Set Pickup Time"
Step 5: Choose your evening pickup time and press "Set Pickup Time"
Step 6: Choose your ticket type, select your date/s, and click "Apply"
Step 7: Review your ticket and press "Confirm"
- Where do I wait for my Hip?
After you book your commute, the app will display where to meet the bus.
- How much does Hip cost?
Hip pricing varies depending on your location. You can see the cost of your commute before confirming your ticket within the app.
- What do Hip vehicles look like?
Every Hip bus has a yellow Hip logo on it.
- Can I edit an already purchased ticket?
You can edit a ticket at any point by going to "Commutes", finding the ticket and pressing the pencil icon.
- What is a 10-pass?
A 10-pass is valid for ten one-way trips. That means that you buy a pack of 10 rides and can use them all as individual tickets whenever you want.
10-pass tickets are sold at a discounted rate and never expire.
- Do 10-pass tickets expire?
10-pass tickets never expire if you don't use them. Let us explain:
- A 10-pass ticket will never expire if you don't redeem it (you don't set a pickup spot/time and confirm)
- A 10-pass ticket will expire if you set a pickup spot/time and confirm the ticket but don't show up for the bus (unless you cancel beforehand). You would lose this ticket like any other ticket to Broadway, a baseball game or a movie.
- How do cancellations work with a 10-pass?
You can cancel or edit your ticket anytime before the scheduled arrival time of the bus. If you need to cancel one of your 10-pass tickets, the ticket will be credited back to your 10-pass where you can use it another time.